Monday, February 27, 2012

Cape!

This summer I spent a lot of time watching period dramas based on Russian novels with a friend, and as a result developed an unhealthy affinity for fur (of the synthetic variety).  There's something about white fur that really appeals to me, and I found several examples of white capes that I really love...so I decided to make my own!
It's a full circle cape with white fur on one side and white wool on the other, pearl buttons, and it's entirely reversible.  I am so in love with it, and it's super cuddly--no matter which side is out.

Unfortunately, August is a really terrible time to try and wear fur.  In fact, given the strange weather this winter has brought and the lack of formal events in season (well, besides the holidays, but it never worked with any of my outfits), I hadn't worn it out once until last week.  Finally though, last Monday my Mom came to visit and took me to see Verdi's Aida at Lincoln Center.
What better time to wear fur than to the opera?



I am so pleased to have finally worn this to something, and to be able to share it! Hopefully I'll have another fur opportunity event soon!

And just for fun, here's a clip from the Metropolitan Opera's production in 2009:


No comments:

Post a Comment